Friday, September 30, 2011

Plethora of Resources at WNE

Summer is definitely over and we’ve been back at Western New England University for about a month. I hope all the freshmen this year are getting acclimated to college and that the high school seniors are doing some extensive college research. Just some advice that got me through my first year as a transfer student: use your resources. The first one (and my personal favorite) is the D’Amour Library. It has four floors, each equipped with computer and secluded study areas. It is open all day and night so you can study anytime. These long hours are extremely beneficial in times when the work piles up. For example, I had a huge paper due and a finance test to study for all on the same day. The library was a great place for me to get work done on my schedule.

Another good resource is utilizing your Faculty Advisor. Your Advisor is a very key resource in making sure you are on track with your classes including organizing your schedule for all four years. If you have any questions regarding academics at WNE, Faculty Advisors are always there for you. It is also a good idea to join clubs that directly correlate to your major. For instance, I am a Sport Management major, so I am in the Sport Management Association. It is a great way to network, get internships, and go on exclusive trips like Red Sox games and Cooperstown to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame. Now you know some great resources to tap into while at Western New England!

Jay.Thall

No comments:

Post a Comment