Friday, September 9, 2011

Follow Me As I Start My Senior Year!

First, i would like to welcome you to my first blog of the semester. My name is William Tomack and I am senior sports management major from Long Island, NY. A few things about what I am involved in on campus include Legislative Chairperson of the Student Senate, Vice President of the Sports Management Association, and work for admissions as an admissions associate mostly giving tours to prospective students.

This is the first week of school and as a senior I have been dreading this week for the sole reason that this will be my last year in college and next year I will hopefully be starting the next phase of my life in the “real world”. There are few good things to the start of the school year. You get to reminisce with friends that you have not seen in over three months and share both the good times and bad times from the long, but sometimes short summer vacation. In addition, there are the new faces that you get to meet with the incoming freshmen class, and meeting new professors that you may not have ever had before.

However, there are also some bad things with coming back to school. There are the obvious things. Waking up early is never fun especially if you spent the whole summer sleeping late. Then there is homework, which I am sure no one really misses during the summer. Finally, there is the fun experience of buying hundreds of dollars’ worth of books at the bookstore

In all seriousness though the classes, waking up early, and tons of homework is definitely worth it in the end because at some point you will finish your career at college with a degree so that you can then go into the real world. There are good things and bad things no matter which college that you go too.
These next couple of weeks are going to be exciting times on campus with all of the events around campus. This week is the poster sale where students can purchase a multitude of posters. For first year students this weekend is amazing experience where students can go paintballing, travel through a zip line course, and a trip to Boston. Then Sunday we have the annual WNE Palooza which sort of like a welcome to campus for the freshmen and welcome back to campus for upperclassmen. Finally, on Monday is BEAR Olympics which is a competition between all of the freshmen residence halls.

In closing, I am excited to spend the rest of my senior with you guys, as I experience the ins and outs of getting ready for the next phase of my life. I wish you good luck in your college search and hopefully you seriously consider Western New England University to help you further your education.

No comments:

Post a Comment