Friday, September 9, 2011

Follow Me As I Start My Journey at WNE!

Hello everyone! My name is Jen Chiacchio, and I’m a freshman majoring in Elementary Education and Psychology here at Western New England University. I’m from Shrewsbury, MA, and I just graduated from Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School in Marlborough, MA. I’m really looking forward to beginning my college experience here at WNE. Over the summer between my junior and senior years of high school, I looked at many different colleges. Although all of them were in Massachusetts (with the exception of one), they were all drastically different. Western New England was probably about the fifth or sixth school I visited, and, although this may seem corny, after being here just once, I knew it was where I wanted to be. I fell in love, at first, with the beautiful campus, and then with more as I learned more about it. I decided on attending WNE because of the small class sizes, the great facilities, the great education they give you, and because I could really see myself going here. When I started looking at colleges, everyone always told me I would “just know” which one was the right one, and they were proven right when I found WNE.

As I begin my freshmen year here, I’m really looking forward to so many different things. I can’t wait to make new friends, and further my education. I’m very excited to go to my classes; especially my psychology course that seems like it will be really great. I also look forward to learning more about myself during my time here, as personally, I really want college to be a time of self-exploration. I look forward to learning more about the topics that interest me, and what it will be like to eventually work as an elementary school teacher, and really become part of the community of Western New England University.

No comments:

Post a Comment