Friday, September 9, 2011

Hello!

My name is Elizabeth O’Reilly, but I much prefer Liz. I’m from Walden, New York which is just an eighty minute train ride from NYC, or as everyone from my hometown calls it “The City.” Since moving into WNE I’ve realized that I do have an accent, especially when I enjoy my “cawfee.” I have to admit that Western New England was not my first choice until after I went to visit my original first choice school. I originally planned on spending my undergraduate college career at UMASS Amherst, until I realized I’d be one of 26,000 students. WNE is small and my high school was larger but it had a small town feel just like WNE, which is what I love so much about this campus.
Being a freshman again is unnerving, especially when I’m showering next to complete strangers, but it is also exciting and allows for a fresh start. During my freshman year I plan to surround myself with an excellent support group of friends who are on the same level as me when it comes to my decisions about not doing drugs or studying. I am a journalism major, so I would like to explore what jobs are out in the “real” world that would allow me to do what I love, writing and expressing my thoughts and experiences with others. I am excited to be stressed this year over classes, to meet new people I would have never met if I didn’t choose WNE, and to really explore who I am and how Western New England can help me grow.

1 comment:

  1. You have great goals in life and I know you're going to accomplish them! Great head on your shoulders and a big heart. You're going to do AWESOME.

    Love you!! <3
    Bailey

    ReplyDelete