Friday, September 30, 2011

My First Full Month at WNE!

These few weeks of college have absolutely flown by! Admittedly, as I sit here writing on this homework-packed Thursday night, I can scarcely accept the fact that tomorrow is Friday and the weekend is almost here! Friday also marks my one month anniversary since I arrived at WNE.

I had my first two actual exams this week that went much better than I anticipated. The professors here are great and prepare you thoroughly. Though I did not need to utilize them this time, both my Bio and Chem professors held open study sessions beforehand. It seems that everyone here at WNE wants to help me succeed.

I also had the pleasure of listening to Cedric Jennings’ inspirational speech Wednesday night as reinforcement to our summer reading: his biography A Hope in the Unseen. It was satisfying to finally be able to put a face to the name. It was so easy to believe that the book was work of fiction because of how dramatic and shocking the books’ events were. But no, indeed, Cedric really had to endure all those hardships the book revealed in order to be as successful as he is today. His story was truly that of an underdog. He was ridiculed and let down continuously. But he remained on track and has proven to be an inspiration to many.

This weekend, though I have some papers to write, I am looking forward to going to the Big E fair. I have never been before but I’ve heard it is super fun. I’ll be checking in soon (hopefully with some pictures)!

-Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment