Friday, September 30, 2011

My First College Exams

Classes in college aren’t like high school at all but definitely in a positive way. They meet less often and there is always a specific agenda unlike some times in high school when teachers would make you do busy work just because they had to fill in the 45 minutes every single day. There are less quizzes and tests which allow more time for studying but that also means the studying has to count because the tests are worth more. I had my first two exams today for mathematical reasoning and American government this week and I was beyond nervous. Math is NOT my strong point at all; I am a Communications major, hello! So I went over all of my homework assignments and went to the review session and prepared the best I thought I could and when I walked into the exam room and saw the test I knew how to do every question, which has never happened to me before ever on a math test. So my hours spent on the homework and study actually paid off!

My government exam also went smoother than I had anticipated. I love government and politics, I’m actually thinking of minoring in political science but that’s for another blog. So to prepare for my government exam I re-read all of the required readings (which are so crucial to keep up with otherwise you’ll end up having to read 100 pages in one night) and made flashcards from my notes and studied well into the night. The following morning was one where you just want to sleep forever especially since I was dreading this test, but when I walked in and saw the test I was relieved I again knew how to answer every question. Of course I would not have been able to take my exams so easily if I didn’t put the study time and effort into it, but hopefully when I get my grades back the time would have paid off. So moral of the story is even though everyone hates studying and taking exams the outcome of a good test grade is so rewarding. Make sure to check in next week to see if my exams went as well as I thought they did.
Happy Fall Everyone!
-Liz J

No comments:

Post a Comment