Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halftime Show



This past weekend was friends and family weekend here at WNE. My parents came up to visit and to see me dance with the dance team in the halftime show at the football game. I have never been on any kind of team before and also have never done any type of big performance in front of a large crowd, so I was excited to have them up to see it. We’ve been working on the dance for about a month, so we were all really excited to finally show off our efforts. The Golden Bears had a really good game and the crowd was excited, and when we started walking out on the field during halftime, everyone was screaming the names of all the girls on my team. We got into an ‘X’ formation and did a kick line and everyone was cheering. At the end, we laid down in the shape of ‘WNE’ and the crowd was going crazy!


It felt good to perform again, and since I have never really been a part of a team, I really enjoyed working with everyone to make the dance look good and getting to feel proud once we got applauded. It was also great to see my parents again and spend the day with them. They got to see my first performance on the WNE dance team which made me feel proud and I was really glad that they came to support me. After we went out to dinner and caught up on everything since I last saw them. Being away from my parents for a long time really makes me appreciate them more and makes it that much better when I finally see them.



No comments:

Post a Comment