Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fall is Approaching!



Fall is Approaching!

So many exciting things have been happening around campus! Classes and activities are really starting to kick up now. In my classes, expectations are being raised and exams are becoming more frequent. However, the friendly professors here help you rise to these academic challenges. I don’t believe that falling behind will be an issue. Last night, we had a high-energy Freshman Focus meeting that was supposed to inspire us to get involved on campus. The speaker was a very motivational woman and made me feel confident about the fact that I am already involved in some activities on campus. Aside from blogging, I am a member of the Freshman Council and write for our school newspaper “The Westerner.” I am loosely involved in the Campus Ministry, Gay/Straight Alliance, and the Yearbook but I hope to get more involved as the year goes on and my time management skills improve.
Last weekend, we had a horror movie marathon in our dorm where we watched The Ring, The Ring Two, and Sybil. You get these movies and tons of others right from the campus library. Luckily, I had plenty of snacks because the previous weekend, my sister-in-law stopped by for a day and brought me some provisions (i.e. chocolate chip cookies, easymac, ramen, and sparkly letters to put above my bed). Unfortunately, I am not returning home this long weekend, but I hope to go apple picking and get some photos of the beautiful Fall foliage. I haven’t been apple picking since I was very little and since Fall is my favorite season, I’d really love to go again.
In this blog, I have posted some pictures of a typical weeknight that includes study sessions in my dorm. Not as thrilling as the weekends but it’s always fun to do homework with friends. Enjoy!


-Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment