Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Falling for WNE


We’re in the middle of October, right around the corner from winter. But it is still autumn, and it is so beautiful outside. Even though this is were the semester picks up and your workload increases dramatically, there is something about this time of year that I love. The leaves start to change, the temperature cools down, and the holiday season is about to start. I always get this certain feeling that I can’t describe; it kind of makes me feel warm and calm. I think it’s the way everything looks; it is a nice stress reliever just sitting outside and enjoying the day. Being from California, we don’t really have four seasons, it just gets really hot and occasionally there are spurts of cold. This was the first time I have even gotten to experience four full seasons. This was the first time I enjoyed spring so much, having gone through a nasty winter. This is one of the benefits of going to school on the east coast, I just love walking around campus and looking at the trees, and the brick buildings give it an old school feeling. You would never think it, but this is one of the benefits of school. I love how these seasons are able to make you feel at ease when your work piles up and when there seems to be no end in sight. When you check out the picture of campus I took, I think you’ll understand why fall is the best time of year here at Western New England.

-The Kid from Cali
Jay.Thall

No comments:

Post a Comment