Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A New Definition of Home

Hey everyone! It’s been quite an interesting month and a half, to say the least! I’m writing this before the last class I have today. Right after that I’m leaving to head home for fall break! As I said in my last blog, it’s still hard to believe that it’s only been a month and a half, while at the same time it’s hard to believe its already been a month and a half. The friends I have here now, it feels like I’ve known some of them forever. It's weird how quickly it happens. Living with them, being with them all the time, you become close with them a lot quicker than you think. A typical weekend with my group of friends is sleep (catching up on what we missed all week because of studying!), and then just hanging out. We go out shopping occasionally when we have someone who wants to drive. A lot of the time, we take advantage of the large collection of DVDs D’Amour Library has for students to rent, and will all just relax in mine and Brandi’s room, watching movies, eating snacks, and just having a good time. We’ve already made a lot of good memories in the short time we’ve been here.

This weekend is going to be different, though. As I mentioned above, this weekend is fall break, so most of us are heading back to our respective homes for the long weekend. When I left home to come to school, it was weird leaving my home, my friends and my family. But now that I’m heading home for about four or five days, it seems weird leaving here. I’ve grown accustomed to the routine here, to being with my friends here. I’m beyond excited to have time at home, hang out with my family, and see my best friend of forever for the first time in a month and a half, but it’s weird…and the fact that it’s weird is weird! College quickly becomes your new normal, however hard you think it will be. Its odd to think hat just last year, I was a senior thinking about applying to college, and now here I am – already halfway through a semester! (In fact, I’ve already taken a few tests – and did well on them! Remember that studying is in fact very helpful).

I’ve got to run off to class, talk to you guys in a few weeks!

-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment