Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Snow...in October??

This past Saturday, Western New England University experienced an atypical October snowstorm. This wasn’t your average snowstorm. WNE, as well as the multiple towns around the area lost power. Trees fell, power lines broke, and debris quickly carried. While hanging out with my friends, we engaged in multiple snowball fights. Being from Cali, it was the first time I have been in one, so it was a personal milestone. As you may already know, having no power isn’t fun. That means no light, no TV, and no computer. It is so hard not to be technology dependent these days but it was refreshing to just talk to my friends without distractions. The electrical company worked hard to get power back by early morning on Tuesday, so we weren’t stuck in the Stone Age for too long. The good thing about all this is we got a week off from school, so I went to my cousins in Boston for a little vacation. I hope this snowstorm isn’t a sign of an early winter.

The Kid from Cali.

Jay.Thall

No comments:

Post a Comment