Thursday, September 30, 2010

Organization: I Owe Everything to it

Being here more than a month now, I have come to appreciate organization more than ever. I have post it’s, a planner, 2 calendars, folders, and numerous alarms on my phone to alert me about meetings, practice, and everything else my busy days holds. Just by writing things down, I feel more at ease and less stressed when it comes to conquering the day. I’m that kid that cannot remember anything unless it’s written down,and if you were to give me a list of things to do off hand. I’m bound to report back with something incomplete. I cannot commit much to memory but because I recognize and address this memory problem, I am able to remain organized by creating my own little system. While I was decently organized in high school, it was not until college that I saw the importance of establishing good habits of planning. I learned to write down the little things, like feeding my fish, after killing 7 fish in just a month. When I woke up only 5 minutes before softball practice and had to sprint the entire campus, I learned to set a back-up alarm. While getting into the swing of college is a learning process, organization is a key skill to have before-hand. So prospective students, take it from someone who has had to learn about fish care the hard way, and sprinted bare foot all the way to practice: it is so so vital right now to find a method of organization that works for you and getting into the habit of using it by the time you begin college. While I have had a few near disasters, it has made my transition into college a relatively easy one and if it were not for the method I set up for myself, I would be totally lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment