Monday, September 27, 2010

Finding My Place

Hey everyone, another update here from Maria. Already hit the four week mark and still loving WNEC! Everyone who tells you college will fly by is right because it already has. With that being said, (and confirmed to be true), taking advantage of every opportunity and embracing it has proved to be crucial thus far. Although each day is an adventure, it comes with a challenge. Me, myself and I have become pretty close friends. What I mean by that is I have gotten to know myself very well these past few weeks. But, no matter how alone you may feel, you never really are. Classes are getting progressively more involved, as are clubs, sports, and on campus activities.

All of this being fun and exciting, my advice this week is don’t over-commit. I am involved in just enough activities thus far. I like to keep busy, but I’m not overbooked. I am on the softball team, Residence Hall Association Hall Council President, in Sport Management Association, have work study job, and despite all this still have time to bring you the weekly blog. You can’t be in every club, sport, or have multiple jobs and keep up with school at the same time. College is all about balance, in every way shape and form (this includes diet). Variety is the spice of life, but don’t let yourself lose any sense of routine. Here at WNEC there is so much to do you don’t ever want to lose yourself, but on the contrary, that is exactly how I have found my home here at WNEC.

Much Love,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment