Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Second Semester!

Welcome back everyone! I must say college breaks are not one to take for granted, a whole month for Christmas? It was well needed and definitely set me up for the busy start for the second semester. Since I'm a freshman I didn't realize that teachers really do not hesitate at all when it comes to putting on the workload second semester, but three weeks in I am feeling the work.
Since coming back to WNE many leadership positions, such as peer advisor and resident advisor, have been up for application and I am taking full advantage of them. My first semester was so productive and rewarding because of all of the activities that I involved myself in so I am planning on continuing that and taking it to the next level by applying to those more demanding leadership positions on campus. I have realized that the most important thing a first year student can do besides work hard at their academics is to get involved on campus in something that they feel passionate about. I am involved with the Residence Hall Association on campus as the Vice President of my hall and what RHA does is it puts on programs around the campus for everyone and for the individual halls as well, some are social and some are also educational to bring awareness to different topics on campus. RHA is run by students for students and is very influential not only at WNE but at other schools as well, so there is an endless amount of opportunities with this organization.
Becoming involved is extremely important and can lead to many future successes so, I hope everyone has great continuing college search, always keeping in mind what you are looking for in a university. Talk to you in two weeks!

Liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment