Monday, February 27, 2012

Spend a Day at WNE

Do you want to know what it is like to be a college student for a day? Western New England University offers this opportunity to you through the Accepted Student Day Visit Program. This is a great way to sit in on a few classes, eat lunch in the dining hall, and meet current students and professors in their natural weekly habitat. As a high school senior I took part in this program and it helped me make my decision to come to WNE. I showed up two years ago, not knowing what to expect but after I sat in on a few classes, got a feel for the campus with other students, and saw what these students were doing in their free time, I just felt so comfortable. It was as if I was just like a perfect fit in a wonderful community. Each of the professors were thrilled to have a visitor sitting in their class. I was able to meet students on that day that would later become some of my classmates.

This year, I am happy to be the student who accepted students come and shadow. I enjoy giving back to this school and seizing all the opportunities that are offered. I already have had a few students that have shadowed and there are only going to be more coming. I had one student that shadowed me that told me that I helped with him making his decision about where he wanted to go to school. That to me, was something I will always remember. So sign up and come to WNE to see for yourself why our school is such a great place to be! Call the Admissions Office today! The remaining dates for this program are April 2-4, 10-13, and 16-20.

See you soon in class,
-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment