Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WNEU, Take Two

LaRiviere Suite 101

Since it is the beginning of a new year of school and blogging, I will reintroduce myself. My name is Lyndsey and I am a sophomore Industrial Engineering major. I am a Peer Advisor, a tour guide, a member of the Society of Women Engineers, as well as a tutor. Needless to say my plate is pretty full! I love this school, and I truly believe that deciding to attend was one of the best decisions of my life thus far.

Now that I am a few weeks into my second year, I am even more excited to see what this year will bring. I am living in La Riviera, or La Riv, (for more information click here) this year with five of my closest friends here. One of them is studying abroad in London this semester, but the five of us that are left are having an amazing time already. La Riv is a predominately sophomore Residence Hall that has suite style living of six or eight people living in double rooms. We all share a living room with cabinets, seating, and a table. There are also two full bathrooms that we share. La Riv is a unique Residence hall because to get in we had to apply as a group last year. Every group has a theme and has to put on two events relating to that theme during the year. My suite’s theme is Keep Calm and Keep Current and has to do with staying up to date with current events. From Miley Cyrus to Syria, our suite wants to help keep everyone informed on what is happening all over the world. Other themes that are in the building include living a healthy life, cancer awareness, and video game players.

I am so excited to be back at Western New England University this year, and I know that it will be a memorable year.

-LyndseySJ

My room!
The common "living" room

No comments:

Post a Comment