Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Ringing in the New Year

Myself and the rest of the 2013 Orientation Group Leaders at SOAR
The start of each school is one of my favorite times of the year.  Everything is new: textbooks, professors, and my apartment on campus, not to mention our class of 2017.  This past summer I worked as an Orientation Group Leader assisting incoming students at the summer orientations, known here on campus as SOAR.  It has been one of the most enriching experiences I’ve had in my life to date.  Becoming was an OGL was such a positive experience that has allowed me to enter my junior year with my best foot forward.

Another exciting opportunity that I will be participating in this year is my intention of studying at American University in Washington, D.C. for the spring semester.  It is a great opportunity that will enable me to obtain an internship, make networking connections, and learn about my Political Science major in the heart of our nation’s capital.  I am excited, anxious and even a little nervous for this upcoming year, but I am ready to face these challenges head-on.  Here’s to starting another amazing chapter at Western New England University or as I like to call it, home.


Liz 

No comments:

Post a Comment