Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Junior Year Begins!



I was so happy to return to WNE as a junior after a few months of vacation. I spent most of my summer working in an office as a temporary assistant at an oxygen company in Chicopee, MA helping with total system conversion. Although I had a great work experience, I’m glad to be out of the office and back to being at a place I love.

I am now living on a different part of campus in the Gateway Village. It is very different from Commonwealth Hall where I lived my first two years. These residence halls are apartment-style rather than traditional rooms where 1-3 people share a single room. It has a living room, full kitchen, and our own bathroom. It’s convenient because if I don’t feel like going to the dining hall, I can easily make myself something to eat. I’m really looking forward to these better accommodations!

This semester, I am working on campus as an organic chemistry lab assistant. It is a rewarding experience so far but requires some different skills and knowledge than my previous general chemistry position. Additionally, I will be working Fridays and weekends at the Big E in West Springfield all this month. I will be helping out at my boyfriend’s uncle’s pastry shop booth, Cerrato’s. I have never worked a job quite like this so it should be a unique experience but make sure you stop by! I will try to post pictures of my adventures at my new job!

Cheers!
Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment