Friday, September 27, 2013

Bitter "Sweet" Ending



I am both saddened and relieved that the Big E is coming to an end.  I have been working like mad Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays for Cerrato’s Bakery. This is the last weekend and it is bittersweet but going out with a bang.  I am working 4-6 PM on Friday, 10 AM – 10 PM on Saturday, and 10 AM – 2 PM on Sunday.  It is a small work crew and the days are long but the benefits are worth it.  As an employee, you can get into the Big E whenever by scanning in and you can get discounted tickets for $7 instead of the usual $15 (though it is $6 after 5 PM). I have some pictures up of the yummy pastries we sell.  I definitely have to try to resist the temptation to eat the profits!

School-wise, things have been going better than expected.  I did better on my first 2 exams than I had hoped.  I am also looking into taking a Guatemala health class next spring to count as my Integrated Learning Profession (ILP) course. The class is technically an engineering course that discusses technological ways to help the rural areas of Guatemala get better health care. At the end of spring semester, there is a two week trip to Guatemala. As a biology major, the medical aspect of the trip would be very fascinating and would be a unique learning experience. Nothing is finalized yet, but I know that if it works out it would be the opportunity of a lifetime!

Cheers!
Brandi



No comments:

Post a Comment