Monday, September 23, 2013

Building my own Golden Bear

Hey guys! My name is Kaitlyn and I am a freshman here at Western New England University, let me start off here by introducing myself.  I am a General Business major from Marlborough, Massachusetts, and I’m currently living in the freshman quad! (Bershire is definitely the best; don’t let anyone tell you differently).

So a typical freshman has about 5-6 classes throughout the week, but the biggest difference from high school is the amount of time you have each day.  On average I spend about 13 a week in class, and add on about 6 hours a week for homework.  So your question might be what does one do with all that free time? Well let me tell you that for a smaller campus, WNE has a lot of character.  For example every Saturday night one of the 60 clubs puts on an activity.  This past Saturday that activity was the opportunity to build a bear, and I absolutely loved it! There were 4 different colored bears you could choose from; even the guys were getting really into it.  A lot of them felt the need to point out that it was for a girlfriend, sister, or baby cousin, but let’s be real here.  We all know they wanted a teddy bear!  Meet Henry, my newest residence hall addition.

However if building a bear is not your thing, don’t worry! There’s always something going on.  Last Friday night, I went to my very first improv show.  I was very reluctant at first but let me tell you it was awesome! I’m definitely glad my roommate pushed me to go.  So I’m going to  leave this blog by wishing you guys good luck on those college applications and remember that’s it’s worth it in the end I promise! 

~Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment