Friday, October 8, 2010

The Voices of Reason

I may be three thousand miles away from my family, but they are still always there for me. I was constantly studying every free moment I had this week. I have been working extremely hard to do well in my classes. By the time I hit Wednesday, I felt like I had been through 2 weeks of school. I even felt helpless, which is a feeling I don’t often feel, so I turned to the only two people I knew would help me no matter what, my parents. First, it was my father, who calmed me down and told me exactly what I needed to do. My father is a very logical and rational person, so he broke it down in laymen’s terms. Then, it was my mother, who just simply was a mother. She made sure I was feeling ok, and told me she was proud of me. It’s nice to know no matter how far away your family is, there just a phone call away.

No comments:

Post a Comment