Thursday, October 28, 2010

Living with a Roommate

As you know, one of the biggest things to adjust to when starting college is living with another person. While some people have no trouble sharing a common space, we have all heard the roommates horror stories that college can sometimes present. Here at WNEC, you have the opportunity to choose who you would like to live with, whether you meet someone at your SOAR orientation or knew someone prior to selecting a room. My first roommate experience was a little rocky, and I wish I had taken advantage of the
opportunity to choose my roommate. We just plain didn’t get along. Now I have new roommate that I get along well with. I grew up always sharing a room with my sister, so for me sharing a space was the norm, but for some it could be a challenge. You just have to be understanding, have an open mind, and if you just don’t get along with each other, then it’s not a huge deal to decide that living together isn’t the greatest idea because both ends will be happier in the end if you address it. I am glad that Western New England gave me the option of choosing who I truly wanted to live with. I hope that all prospective students utilize this tremendous opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment