Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Beanpot



This past Monday was the first round of the annual Beanpot Hockey Tournament which is held at the TD Garden in Boston. This tournament features some premier hockey clubs including Harvard University, Northeastern University, Boston College, and Boston University. Much of my time in my internship has been devoted to assisting with the organization of this event, which has been a memorable experience to say the least.  

On Monday, I traveled to the TD Garden with each of the four teams’ coaches and captains. In addition to team representatives, there were also officials from Hockey East in attendance as well as media members making for quite an event. I stayed for an hour to interview Boston University captain Wade Megan. Soon after speaking with him, I headed over to Boston College to interview junior forward Kevin Hayes. Overall it was an amazing day. I was thrilled to be able to attend such a prestigious event and be such an integral part of the day’s operations. Traveling through Boston was so much fun and I cannot wait to attend the Beanpot final next Monday between Northeastern University and Boston College.

jay.Thall

No comments:

Post a Comment