Monday, February 25, 2013

Finding Nemo

For those of you who live in the Northeast, you most likely felt the wrath of Nemo. I’m also guessing that many of you had to shovel yourselves out. Here on the WNE campus many had their own snow adventures as well! The snow isn’t my favorite, so I wasn’t going to be participating in the snow ball fights or snow men building.

Initially, I thought that digging my own car out of the white sea would be a gigantic chore. What I assumed was going to be an awful hour of digging out my car and getting frost bite actually turned into three hours of helping my friends and others dig out their cars. Guess what? I actually had FUN!

It was a lot of sharing shovels and pushing cars to a paved path. The storm revealed the true spirit of the Western New England University community. We are a community of people willing to help others and accept help when we know we need it…not to mention, having a bit of fun along the way. Even though Nemo found us before we could find Nemo, WNE enjoyed the snow and turned what could be seen as a negative into a positive.

Below you will see my roommate and I on top of what looks like snow, but is actually my car. :)

Talk to you soon!

Liz



No comments:

Post a Comment