Friday, February 22, 2013

Let it Snow!!


It has been a blizzard of applications and, well, snow! Recently there was a huge snow storm dubbed “Nemo” by the Weather Channel and Western New England University could not escape from it. We had the day off from school on Friday and the whole campus spent at least a little bit of time playing in the snow. Even college students can be children sometimes! There were snowball fights, snowmen, and some of my friends and I made a snow fort. The week before was really busy, so it nice to be able to relax and hang out with friends for the day. I was also really impressed with how well the school dealt with the two feet of snow. I went for a walk on the morning after the storm, and almost every path was cleared well enough to walk on, and all of the stairs were completely cleared! What an amazing staff! And I truly will never tire of how beautiful our campus is, glistening in the snow or shining in the sun.

The past few weeks have also been really busy for me because I have filled out so many applications! As I mentioned in my last post, I am applying to be a PA (Peer Advisor). I made it to the finalist round and I am really excited about the opportunity to be able to help the new incoming freshman. I have also recently finished my La Riviere application. La Riv is a sophomore suit style residence hall that groups have to apply for. It is pretty difficult to get in, but it is a great place to live. Each suite has to put on programs based on their topic which can range from cancer awareness to wellness programs. Our group wants to do current event awareness and we really hope that we get in. We are also going to be a gender neutral suit which is a fairly new program to the campus, so that is exciting, too. Anyways, wish me luck!

Not even an hour after the storm ended and the staircase was already cleared!

Some friends having a lot of fun in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment