Saturday, October 27, 2012

Home is Where the Heart is


So here I am, halfway through my first semester of college. I adapted to college life really well, but now it truly feels like home. They say “home is where the heart is,” and my heart is definitely here at WNE. I am officially settled in and I love it. Within the past few weeks I joined the Ultimate Frisbee team and I am so glad that I did. It is not recognized by the school as a sport, but the team goes to tournaments on certain weekends, and we play for two hours every day outside of the new CSP (Center for Science and Pharmacy) building. I have made so many new friends and it is a great way for me to stay active and have fun every day. I was really impressed by how good everyone is at the game. I am probably the least talented person on the team, but when I go back to Rhode Island I am going to be a superstar! Haha!

I also met with my academic advisor to get my mid-semester grades. I am very happy with my grades so far and if I can keep them up for the end of the semester I will be really excited. :) I am doing so much better than I expected to. I guess I need to raise my expectations for myself! I found out another exciting thing about academics within the past week, too. In less than three weeks I am going to be picking my classes for second semester! The schedule went up yesterday and I already know which classes I want to be in. I just hope my schedule next semester is as good as the one I have now!

-LyndseySJ

No comments:

Post a Comment