Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hard Work Pays Off


This year just keeps getting better and better! I recently obtained an internship with the Hockey East Association in Wakefield, MA. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this organization, it is the premier Division 1 college hockey conference in the country. Several players who have gone on to play hockey professionally have gone through Hockey East to the point where it is considered a minor league hockey system. This is an unbelievable opportunity for me and I couldn’t be happier. This is the direct product of hard work and sticking to a vision for the past two years.

I came to Western New England because I saw opportunity, and this is exactly where it got me. I couldn’t have done it without the great faculty around me, who shared their knowledge and expertise and were always there for me. I am also continuing to work with Sports Management Association (SMA) as Treasurer working on daily operations and logistics for the club.  The knowledge I am gaining from this organization on campus is something that I can carry over to my life after college. I am also still involved with my self-started clothing company which is continuing to grow. Having my own company is a daily process and we can only get out of it what we put in. If you can take away anything from my experiences, it’s that hard work pays off and the opportunities that my school has provided me have allowed me to do some great things.
Jay.thall

No comments:

Post a Comment