Saturday, October 27, 2012

Falling Into a Golden Opportunity


The leaves are changing colors and the weather is reverting to the typical New England autumn weather.  Just walking around campus seeing all the different colored leaves on the ground shows how time has flown by.  It feels like the semester started last week, but it is already Halloween! Time just seems to fly by here at Western New England but as they say, time flies when you are having fun! 

I have learned so much this semester and have gotten to experience so many new things.   Just last week we had a speaker, Rick Burton, who spoke at WNE.  Mr. Burton previously worked for the United States Olympic Committee and now teaches at Syracuse University.  Professor Curt Hamakawa was able to bring Mr. Burton in to talk with students and the general public about his career in sports.  I had the opportunity to be invited to attend a dinner with Mr. Burton after the presentation.  I was honored to be invited even though I am only a student who is still mulling over my own future.  To be able to have dinner with such a distinguished guest was something I will never forget.

Working with the Admissions Office has been another amazing experience.  I have been able to give tours to many prospective students.  I have learned more about the school on each one and have enjoyed showing the school to close to 100 people thus far, with many more taking tours with other students. I hope to see you on one of my tours in the near future!

-Jason :)

No comments:

Post a Comment