Friday, October 12, 2012

Changing Colors


Back again at WNE! This past weekend was fall break, a four day weekend. It seems like everyone went home, and I was no exception. I brought my WNE friend, Ellie, back to Rhode Island with me because she is from Texas, which is a little bit too far away to go home for the weekend. I showed her the four most important things in Rhode Island: Wright’s Dairy Farm, Wright’s Chicken Farm, DEL’s Lemonade, and the Providence Place Mall. If you are ever in the smallest state, make sure you check out those four things. It was great seeing all my friends from home and my family, but it was really nice coming back to campus, too. Campus is so beautiful here. Being gone for a mere three days made a huge difference. The pictures below show the tree outside my window on Friday before I left, and then Monday when I came home. The colors are really pretty.




I met with my PA (Peer Advisor) today, also. Every freshman has a PA assigned to them before classes start that they meet with a few times during the year. The PAs are there to help freshmen students (like me) transition into college by having an upperclassman to ask questions and guide them. I met with mine today for the first time since school started. My advisor and I set goals for the rest of the year, and for the rest of my time at Western New England. The best part was later on when we got some free food at Subway! :) Having a PA is awesome and Matt (my PA) is really great and helpful.

Until Next Time,

-LyndseySJ

No comments:

Post a Comment