Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bright Nights Ball


Around Christmas time the Spirit of Springfield puts on a magnificent light display in Forrest Park where you can drive through and listen to Christmas music, it is truly a great way to get yourself in the Christmas spirit. I was fortunate enough to volunteer at the Bright Nights Ball at the Sheraton in Springfield which is a fundraiser to help put in the actual light display. I was able to meet extremely important people, such as the mayor of Springfield, the VP of Comcast, and the owner of abc40. As a Public Relations major it is extremely important to network and put myself out there so I am able to meet as many people as possible, so four years from now when I am looking for a job I will be able to contact people for a possible interview or connection. The holidays are a magical time and Springfield really helps bring them out, so even though I cannot be with my family right now I can still have Christmas cheer with a little help from Bright Nights and The Spirit of Springfield. (Below is a picture of my friend Sarah and I volunteering at the Bright Nights Ball.)

No comments:

Post a Comment