Monday, October 7, 2013

Fresh Advice

Hey guys, Kaitlyn here! So I’m going to start this post off by giving you guys a piece of advice.  BRING A RAINCOAT TO SCHOOL!  Unfortunately I “forgot” mine at home and today I nearly drowned walking to class.  Although I’m exaggerating for effect you really should bring a rain coat otherwise you end up walking to class in a soaked sweatshirt and end up freezing cold.  Gotta love New England weather!

As far as classes go, things are starting to heat up a little.  I’m getting a decent amount of homework and let me tell you, time management is not my strongest trait.  So for all of you procrastinators out there, prepare for some changes, and enjoy senior year.  I also took my first college exam in the past week and it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.  I mean who knew studying actually works? For those of you reading this and you’re similar to me, in the sense that your studying habits consist of watching TV while emptying a box of Cheese Itz, I’ve got some advice for you LEARN TO ACTUALLY STUDY.

So enough of this academic talk, let’s focus on something more fun: having a roommate! In all honesty having a roommate is pretty great, whenever I’m having a bad day it’s nice to have someone to vent to.  Or if I’m still awake at 3 am, it’s nice to know someone is there if you need them.  I honestly can’t imagine having a great college experience without a roommate.  So there a few pieces of advice for you guys! Good luck with applications!

Also as a side note, I have a new job on campus working in the Admissions Office as a student Telecounselor! So for those of you out there who are getting a call between the hours of 5:00 pm and 8:30 pm Sunday through Thursday, please answer! We just want to talk about WNE! I promise we're friendly people! J

No comments:

Post a Comment