Friday, October 11, 2013

Fall Break--On Campus!

I am one of the few students who is not going home for Fall Break. Don’t be fooled. This is nothing to be sad about! There are many perks to staying on campus during short breaks that I have realized in my three years here. Here are a few things:

1) You don’t have to wait for your laundry. With so many students going home, and many of them taking their laundry with them, the laundry facilities are much more free than usual. It’s a great opportunity to catch up by doing multiple loads while no one is here.

2.)  There are lots of parking spots. Most students drive themselves home for vacation and free up about ¾ of the parking spots or more. So you don’t have to worry about finding a spot close to your room; it will be there!

3.)   The dining hall makes better food. I haven’t exactly figured out what it is. I think it might be because they have to make less quantity, they up the quality and taste of the food significantly. I’ll admit our dining hall is much better than many other colleges, but it’s even better during long weekends.

4.)   Also, there are Alternative Fall Break Programs on campus now. You travel from campus to a place in Springfield to do community service. I volunteered last year at the Children’s Study Home and it was fantastic!

I decided that this year I am just going to relax this weekend. I plan to go apple and pumpkin picking this weekend. I also may be going to McCray’s haunted hayride next weekend. I love October!
                                                                                                            Cheers!

                                                                                                            Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment