Thursday, February 17, 2011

Come See WNEC First-Hand!

Do you want to know what it is like to college student, even if it is just for one day? Western New England College offers this opportunity to you through the Accepted Student Day Visit Program. This is a great way to sit in on a few classes, eat lunch in the dining hall, and meet college students in their element during the school week. I did this program as a high school senior and it helped me make my decision about attending WNEC. I showed up on this day last year, not knowing what to expect. I sat in on a few classes, got a feel for the campus, and saw what some students do in their free time. I felt so much more comfortable as the day went on, like I was really a student in the class. The professors were happy to have a visitor sitting in on the class and made me feel like I was home. I was able to meet some other high school seniors that this year became my classmates.

This year, I am happy to be a volunteer for the Accepted Student Day Visit Program, reversing my role from last year. I enjoy giving back to this school and seizing all the opportunities that are offered. I already have a few students that are shadowing me and there are only going to be more to come in April. So sign up today and come to WNEC to see it for yourself!

See you soon,
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment