Wednesday, May 9, 2012

With One Year to Go, a Time for Reflection

Gillette Stadium: Site of our Sports Marketing class field trip

My t-shirt design company: Creative Conceptions


This year was definitely a year of growth and maturity.  This was my second full year at Western New England, after transferring here from a school in California.  I have learned how to balance my studies with my social life, and have seen them both thrive.  I have made a lot of new friends this year, as I have finally gotten comfortable in my surroundings.  I was on the staff of our hockey team which went on to win a school record 14 games this year, a tremendous accomplishment for a thriving program.  I went to a few career fairs where I was able to hand out my finely-tuned resume as well as gain valuable insight on the process of finding (and landing) an internship.  My year was capped off when I was elected the new Treasurer for the Sport Management Association where I will be working with my new E-board gaining valuable experience and making an impact on campus. 

As a result of my experience in our College of Business, I am also in the process of developing my shirt company, Creative Conceptions, which specializes in custom designed t-shirt designing.  Check us out on Facebook and Twitter! I am very much looking forward to next year, as it is my last as a college student. So here is to my third and final year at WNE, it will be the best one yet!

-The Kid from Cali
jay.Thall

No comments:

Post a Comment