Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginning's End

 Student Senate President Elizabeth Walsh, Assistant Dean of Student Activities Maureen Keizer, and myself
My friends and I before the Senior Formal

Hey Everyone, This is my last blog of the year. I have missed a couple of weeks due to everything that’s happened the over the past few weeks. However, the craziness has all been worth it because this semester has by far been my favorite. Graduation is about 12 days away and I am coming to the realization that I am leaving Western New England for good. This blog is largely a reflection on the past four years. I would not be where I am today without the trials and tribulations of the time I have spent here. I will greatly miss all of the friends that I have made and the people that have changed my life forever. I had a lot of “lasts” already this semester. I endured my last meeting as Student Senate Vice President. This was bittersweet because I have been in the organization for four consecutive terms. I had the last day of my internship earlier in the week, where I gained a wealth of experience for a possible career in college admissions.

The semester has been filled with great events, such as spring week. During the week, CAB put on extreme sports themed events. For example: riding a mechanical shark, jumping into a spider web and climbing a rock wall. The spring concert this year was Cobra Starship and they were amazing! Certainly one of the best concerts I have attended in recent memory. I also got to go to senior formal and danced the night away with all of my friends.

If and when you read my blog, I hope that you realize what a great place Western New England University is to get an education because it offers much more than what happens inside the classroom. It offers you a chance to work with amazing people, form lifelong friendships and it gives you a chance to get outside of your comfort zone in a judgment free environment. Life begins outside of your comfort zone and my life certainly began here. I am going to miss everyone at Western New England and I am very sad that in a few short days I will have to leave the place that I called home for the last four years of my life. I wish everyone who reads this blog and any other blog on this page the best of luck when deciding what school to go to. It is a very difficult choice, however, I can guarantee that if you choose Western New England University you will get an experience that you may not get anywhere else. It is my hope that if you decide to come to WNE that you will create a unique experience that was as wonderful and life changing as mine.

 -Will

No comments:

Post a Comment