Thursday, May 9, 2013

Halfway through WNEU!

Hi everyone,

Summer is finally upon us! It's hard to believe that I am done with 2 of my 4 years at the University. I am definitely going to miss my Commonwealth dorm with the wonderful view of the lawn and friendly atmosphere. Next fall, I will be moving into the Gateway apartments across the street from the main campus. There, we will have more space than just one room. We will have our own bathroom and kitchen. It is going to be fantastic!

Yesterday, I had my final for my gym class. For my gym credit, I took RAD (Rape Aggression Defense) course. It was a phenomenal experience. Your final consists of three simulated attacks. Three men dressed in padded suits attempt to attack you and you must defend yourself using the techniques you were taught. The ultimate goal is being able to successfully run away. It is a very empowering class!


For the summer, I am attempting to look for a job in the area. I would like to work on campus so we will see what my options are here. When I come back in the fall, I will be working as a lab assistant in General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry labs. I am looking forward to summer but know I will be missing school after a while.

Enjoy the beautiful weather!
Brandi

View from my Commonwealth dorm.

One of my classmates dressed & ready to go for our RAD final exam!

No comments:

Post a Comment