Thursday, November 8, 2012

Raking in Midnight Madness

This past weekend was one to remember. It all started Friday night with my first ever Midnight Madness! Every class had their own color: seniors were red, juniors were yellow, sophomores were blue and freshmen were green. The gym was filled with balloons, streamers, and spirited students in their respective colors. The excitement grew as each class council entered and the competitions began. There was trivia, relay races, dance offs and more! The freshman even came in second behind the seniors in the shootout. It was a really fun night to hang out with all my friends and cheer on our class. I did not participate in an event this year, but I am definitely doing one next year. I cannot wait!



The good weekend continued on Saturday and Sunday with SWE (Society of Women Engineers). We did a leaf-raking fundraiser in the mornings. We had really beautiful fall days to do it, too. We split up and went to the houses of some professors and raked their yards! Despite the hard work involved, it was really fun and a great weekend to bond with some of the upperclassmen engineers. This weekend we are having a movie night, so I am looking forward to that.
The final memorable thing to happen recently actually did not happen on the weekend. On Monday afternoon I had my first encounter with Health Services. I hurt my finger pretty badly at Frisbee practice and decided that I should probably get it looked at. Health Services actually closed at 4pm and it was about ten after, but they ended up letting me in and looking at my finger. The nurses are unbelievably nice and intelligent. My nurse was just about to leave, but she took the time to give my finger a splint and tell me what to do until the next day.

I ended up breaking my finger. The same nurse called me today to tell me what the x-rays said and plans to meet with me on Monday. Although having a broken finger on my dominant hand is definitely going to be a challenge, I am really impressed by our health services, and I know they will do all they can to get me better!
Until next time,

-LyndseySJ
 
P.S. We had our first snowfall this week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment