Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Final Blog of Fall Semester

As the fall semester comes to a close, I realize all that college
has done for me so far and I am more than excited to see what else unfolds
in the spring. I have been presented with so many opportunities and have
indulged myself in all that WNEC has to offer. I found that within a short
three months, I was able to form strong bonds with friends, neighbors, and
was able to ease through my freshman classes. Western New England made the
transition from high school to college an easy one. Between understanding
professors who are willing to answer infinite questions, welcoming RA’s, and the
overall home-like environment, my first semester went amazingly well.

What experience sticks out in my mind most has been my experience
in my Introduction to Psychology class with Dr. Shea. I went into this
class thinking I’d take away with me the basics of the human brain and
emotions, maybe some historical figures within the field. I was able to
learn so much more from a practicing psychiatrist, one who experiences
patient’s emotional turmoil’s day to day. I walked away with a better
understanding of not only the subject but also a better understanding of
myself and where I see my future taking me. As an education major who will
one day deal with high school students, I have more insight into the
psychology of humans and what drives us to do the things we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment